Fuel Bug / Bacteria Test Kit
The Fuel Bug Bacteria Test Kit is ideal for testing diesel / fuel for microbiological contamination. Test for aerobic bacteria, yeasts, moulds and sulfate / sulphate reducing bacteria.
*CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK*
The Fuel Bug / Bacteria Test Kit is ideal for testing diesel / fuel for microbiological contamination.
1 x GNAT MX2 Incubator (incubates 1 -2 dipslides)
1 x box of Dipslides (Total count bacteria & Yeasts & Moulds)
1 x box of Sulphate Reducing Bacteria tests
This test kit will evaluate both the aerobic and anaerobic bacteria within your fuel.
High levels of bacteria in fuel can cause it to deteriorate. In addition to this, if the contamination is substantial, it can cause damage / corrosion to engines and other parts.
The Nutrient and Malt Extract dipslides will test for aerobic bacteria (as well as yeasts & moulds). The Sulphate Reducing Bacteria culture gel test tubes test for anaerobic bacteria.
The combination of having both tests in this kit is ideal for assessing the full microbiological health of your fuel.
The nutrient agar on the fuel bug dipslides include Red Spot Dye which makes it easier to interpret results.
How to test your fuel using dipslides
- Remove dipslide from its container.
- Wearing gloves, completely immerse the dipslide in a fuel sample for 10 seconds. Make sure both sides are covered.
- Allow the fuel to drain from the slide then replace the dipslide within the container.
- Place the slide in the GNAT incubator for 24 - 48 hours.
- Remove the slide from the incubator and analyze the results using the comparison chart provided.
How to test your fuel using sulphate reducing bacteria tests
- Wearing gloves and using forceps (or similar), dip the capillary tube (provided) into the fuel sample.
- Empty the capillary tube / blot the end of the capillary tube onto some paper.
- Push the capillary tube into the SRB test gel and screw on the cap.
- Place the SRB test into the GNAT incubator for at least 24 hours.
- After incubation, remove the test and compare with the chart provided.
GNAT Incubator: This incubator is pre set to 30 degrees Celcius. No set up is required. All you need to do is allow the temperature to stabilize for 15 -20 minutes when you turn it on. This incubator will incubate up to 2 dipslides or SRB tests.
Fuel Bug Bacteria Test Kit Applications
- Motor homes
- Fuel distribution systems