|Made in the UK|
|Manufactured in ISO 9001 certified conditions.|
|Pay via Credit/Debit Card, PayPal or bank transfer online. PO number can be added during checkout if required.|
|Reward Points By buying this product you can collect up to 27 points.|
About the sulfate reducing bacteria (srb) tests (box of 10)
What is a SRB Test?
Sulphate reducing bacteria (SRB) is a bacteria that can obtain energy by oxidising organic compounds / molecular hydrogen and reducing sulphate (sulfate) to hydrogen sulfide. In essence, this bacteria 'breathes' sulphate. The SRB test is a small vial containing a culture gel that turns black if sulphites are present in the test sample.
Sulphites are produced when sulphates are reduced by bacteria. The amount of colour change can be compared with the included chart to help determine the level of contamination.
Sulphate reducing bacteria are anaerobic organisms that cause corrosion and spoilage in multiple industries. The bacteria can cause particular damage to oil pipelines and metal parts.
- Survives in oxygen depleted / oxygen free environments.
- Corrodes at a very fast rate.
- Reduces sulphates and creates hydrogen sulfide.
- Resultant hydrogen sulfide gives off a foul 'rotten egg' odour.
- Other signs of its presence in water is a change in colour (to black).
- Major cause of microbial influenced corrosion.
The SRB test kit comes in a pack size of 10 slides / tests per box.
- Add 2ml of the test sample to the tube. To aid the user, 2ml of test sample can be determined by adding the sample up to the moulded line in the tube.
- Incubate the SRB test / dipslide at 30 degrees C for up to 5 days. Check the test daily for the first three days.
- If there is no colour change after 5 days, this indicates a negative result.
How to use SRB Tests
Remove SRB test cap
Remove one SRB test from the SRB test kit and unscrew the cap (anticlockwise) to remove it.
Add 2ml of sample fluid
Add 2ml of sample fluid to the SRB test. If you do not have a measuring syringe, fill the tube up to the embedded fill line on the tube (which equals 2ml).
Replace the cap
Replace the cap on the SRB test and incubate accordingly.
Check the SRB test
Compare the SRB colouration with the chart provided.
For incubation, we recommend using our compatible SRB incubator which can be found here: SRB Incubator
Industry sectors include
- Industrial Water
- Cooling tower water
- Boiler feed water
- Process water
- Metal cutting fluids
Product Reference : DSSRB
Internal catalogue reference : DS001-7
Product external rating on reviews.co.uk:
5.0 out of 5 based on 1 customer ratings
Plate Count Agar TTC and Plate Count Agar TTC (neutralisers)...
Was £11.96 Save -8.92% Now £10.89
The PC2TN dipslide measures total count bacteria on both sides. The plate count agar includes TTC (red spot) and a neutraliser for the...
Model : PC2TN
TP | Tryptone Soya (TSA) + Pseudomonas Dipslides (Box of 10)
Was £11.96 Save -5.27% Now £11.33
Our TSA and Pseudomonas (TP dipslide) measures total count bacteria on one side and pseudomonas bacteria count on the other.
Model : TP