This is a new weekly game that our Twitter followers can join in with. The idea is that we will use our dipslides to test a different sample each week. The test sample could be anything: a door handle, a phone, pond water etc. We will let you know what we are testing at the time. We will incubate the dipslide after testing and after the correct incubation time, we will take a photo of the dipslide and will count any bacterial colonies that may have grown.
The next week we will test a different sample. We will announce on Twitter what we are testing that week. The idea is that our twitter followers reply to our tweet with a guess of whether this sample will have more, the same or less bacterial colonies than the week before (yes, it is a little like that famous TV gameshow). This will continue from week to week with a chance to win a prize if you guess correctly 5 times (weeks) in a row. Winners can choose between a £25 eGift Amazon voucher or a £30 Dip-slides.com voucher.
The game is meant to be fun and should provide some interesting results! If you have any questions regarding this, please let us know.
The rules of the game are:
- Have fun!
- Prize is £25 eGift Amazon voucher OR £30 Dip-slides.com.
- In order to win, the 5 correct guesses need to be consecutive. Once an entrant guesses wrong, their score will go back to 0 and they can start again the following week.
- If more than one person guesses correctly 5 times in a row at the same time, a winner will be randomly selected from the applicable entrants. After a winner has been announced, all entrants that were in the prize draw can play again (whether they won or not). The game will start again for all entrants that were in the prize draw and their correct guesses will go back to 0. They can then start playing again the following week.
- If only one entrant guesses correctly 5 times in a row at that particular time, that entrant will automatically win the prize of their choice. The game will then start again for the entrant and their correct guesses will go back to 0. They can then start playing again the following week.
- An entrant can play the game and win as many times as possible before the game finishes. After each win, their score will go back to 0 and they can start again the following week.
- Once each week's answer has been revealed, guesses will no longer be counted.
- Dip-slides.com will keep a tally of correct guesses for each twitter handle (it will only be visible to dip-slides.com personnel). If you would like us to take your Twitter handle off of our tally, please ask us to do so. Without the tally, we cannot confirm who has got what amount of guesses correct. Therefore, by removing your twitter handle from the tally, you will be removing yourself from the game and from a chance of winning a prize. After the game has finished, the tally will be destroyed.
- The game will run for approximately one year and will finish in April 2020. However, dip-slides.com reserves the right to cease the game at any time before this date.
- For the purpose of the game, only red bacterial colonies will be counted (not yeasts etc).
- The colony count will be judged by Dip-slides.com. Our interpretation will be considered as final.
- The competition is open to entrants from all countries. However, the dip-slides.com voucher can only be won by entrants that reside in countries that we currently ship to. If you are unsure if your country is on this list, please contact us. Please note, entrants from countries that we do not ship to can still win the amazon eGift voucher.
- An amazon account will be required for the winner to use the amazon eGift voucher.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- The winners will be notified by Twitter.